History

Serving Our Community 
for Nearly 120 Years

  Home  |     Contact
Bankers icon

March  25, 1896

Doolin Building and Loan Association was established by group of local citizens, we were founded to serve as a depository for savings which could be made available for home loans. The first office was located on South Main Street, New Martinsville, near the location of the former campus of West Virginia Northern Community College. Our first officers in 1896 were: B. M. Welch, President; Levi Tucker, Secretary; and W. McD. Snodgrass, Treasurer. Our first directors of the association were: B. M. Welch, Jacob Koontz, E. F. Phillips, Mont. Burrows and H. R. Thompson. Initial capital was $2,500.00.

In 1936..

We began a partnership with the Federal Home Loan Bank System and became known as Doolin Federal Savings & Loan Association. Then, in 1956, the institution moved to a new building at 251 Main Street. Since that time, many changes have taken place. A drive-thru facility was added to our branch at 155 Jefferson Street, New Martinsville. In 1979, the main office was remodeled with an expansion of 4,800 square feet. In May 1980, a full service branch office was opened in Parkersburg, WV. Progress continued in May 1984, with a drive-thru and walk-up facility constructed in the Steelton area of New Martinsville.

In 1990..

The Board of Directors took a progressive stance and adopted a Federal Savings Bank Charter. On September 4, 1990, the institution became known as Doolin Security Savings Bank FSB. The operations officers are currently: Samuel D. Winer, Chairman; Linda K. Glover, 1st Vice President; Daniel S. Mason, 2nd Vice President; and Debra L. Thomas, Secretary.
Handshake icon

During 2002..

The Board of Directors took a bold step and petitioned the Office of Thrift Supervision to move the home office to 610 North State Route 2, New Martinsville WV. Construction began on a 7,000 square foot facility in the spring of 2003. The building was completed in July 2003 and the main office was relocated and opened for business on July 21, 2003. The new facility enables Doolin to offer more products and services to the public in a modern, computer friendly environment that complies with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Doolin is Wetzel County's only locally owned operated institution. 

Call us today! 

Share by: